SO. Giant slabs of text ahoy! Except for the occasional picture, of course. c:
A "worst fics" of all time will be coming soon. Click on name for link to fic!
ICONS ALL MADE BY ME! Credit if used please. :)
Fandom: Percy Jackson & The Olympians
Author: Greenconverses @ lj
Rating: T
Word Count: Almost 19k
Pairing: Thalia/Luke
Warnings: SPOILERS for TLO.
"I will… Forgive me?"
One hundred and sixteen years.
That's how long she's had to carry every last memory and feeling from everything leading up to the Battle of New York. She's the last of her generation, the last to hold on to the anger and the betrayal, and she's damn tired of being the one to carry it all. It's taken too much time for some things to be forgotten and forgiven, and it's held her back from being the person she's always wanted to be.
"Yes. Of course," she says, feeling the pulse in his hand beginning to slow. "Just find me again, Luke Castellan. Find me and we'll make everything all right."
I remember crying after this fic because it was so beautiful, and in some places, heartbreaking. I think the author won an award at pjoawards @ lj for her amazing work, she's just that splendid!


fandom: Final Fantasy VII
Author: Fire Mystic
Rating: M (for... well, smut. I skipped over it though, its not necessary for plotline. )
Word Count: 57k+
Pairing: Genesis/Tifa
Warnings: As I said before, smut.
"Wrong number?"
"I guess," he shrugged, beginning to wipe the counter down. "They didn't say anything." The phone rang again, and Cloud picked it up once more, hanging it up just as quickly, but with a distinctly irritated click. On the next ring, Tifa put out a hand to forestall Cloud from decimating the phone, and lifted the receiver from the wall.
"Seventh Heaven. Can I help you?"
There was a slight pause and then a familiar voice sent a zing of electricity straight through her.
"I needed to hear your voice."
Okay, i'll admit, that did sound a bit stalkerish, but nonetheless, this author has just this AMAZING way with words. Even for a crack pairing, this story is well crafted, intoxicating, and beautiful all around. 8'D


Fandom: Wicked
Author: TheWitch'sCat
Rating: T (but is pretty hardcore; I think it should be M. This ones a lot more hardcore then forbidden is; it has quite a bit of smut which is actually fairly necessary for plotline. ... its nothing graphic though, I did cringe while reading this BUT ITS WORTH EVERY SECOND AFTER THE SHIZ PLOTLINE.)
Word Count: 112k
Pairing: Elphaba/Fiyero
Warnings: Non-graphic smut + violence + HEAVY, HARDCORE angst.
When Fiyero opened his eyes, he caught a flicker of movement in the room. He looked around, and noticed that the only other light came from one of the windows, which was open a few inches. The other shades were drawn, but this one had been raised slightly. Looking around, Fiyero couldn't find the source of the movement until it was in front of him.
It was a butterfly, and it had come to rest on one of Elphaba's slender fingers. Fiyero just stared at it, not sure that he'd ever seen such an appropriate, impossible example of symbolism.
Like the brush of a butterfly's wings…
First few chapters of this fic were like ANGST ANGST OMG BETRAYAL STUPID AVARIC, but I assure you, it does get awesome in the end so stick with it! The ending was a bit flat, i'd admit, but this fic was gorgeous in general, although VERY dark and kind of creepy at times, but I was sobbing at one chapter. It's a really emotional fic with a glorious ending. C":
Fandom: World Ends With You
Author: Armeria
Rating: K+
Word Count: 6k+
Pairing: Joshua/Neku (Kind of platonic, theres no hardcore yaoi in this one... I don't think.)
Warnings: Spoilers for twewy, i'd think.
"Before your ride came, he sent two others before him. One was Sanae. He used to be your confidante and employee. Then, your ride sent Megumi, who once shared the same dreams as you did. When the two came here and realized you wouldn't return home, they were sad. So was that person. They thought, 'Maybe Joshua likes that place.' Eventually, the one you wait for thought the same, because he liked it here when he came."
"...He... came?" Joshua's voice cracks.
Joshua hesitantly clutches his sleeves. Neku does not reciprocate, afraid he will scare Joshua away.
"Yeah. The first time, you were playing with the other children. You didn't see him. You should've seen the joy that overwhelmed him when he saw that you were happy. But when he asked himself, 'Will I ever make Josh this happy?' At the end, he thought he couldn't. He thought he didn't deserve you. And he left you without properly asking."
And his second visit... Neku figures he better not mention that.
By this time, poor little Joshua, looks devastated. He tightens his grip on Neku's arm.
"Josh, he wants you to be happy. You already did so much for the city. He doesn't want you to stay there because of it or some silly promise you two made."
"No! I want to leave!" Joshua hiccups. "Why is he leaving me?"
"Maybe because you're a stubborn, rotten egg that needs a good beating?"
Joshua glares at him.
"Just a suggestion." Neku hints. "...Didn't you say you hate him?"
"I never said that to him," Joshua denies.
This fic is SO ADORABLE towards the end. I wanted to scoop josh up and give him a huge cuddle. Oh and bonus points for Sho! Sho was hillarious and awesome in this fic and sdfsdfsd :'DDDD This is a REALLY heartwarming fic which never fails to tug on my heart strings.
(Note, I've been spelling this fic as armour instead of amour for the past month and not realised until then of my mistake, hence the lame spelling @ the banner. Sorry! )
Fandom: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Author: Lyrical Rawr
Rating: T
Word Count: 142k+
Pairing: Edgeworth/Wright
Warning: Quite a bit of cussing.
Phoenix coughed and turned the page to the main courses. "Right, I think we'll have the Pan-Fried Scallops with Chillies, Tomatoes and Tequila."
What hellish kind of dish is that?
Miles was too busy leaning back from the waitress' stare to argue, though. He turned to Phoenix and gave him a desperate look, nodding over at the waitress.
Phoenix raised an eyebrow as if to say 'Yeah, and what do you want me to do about it?'.
"Erm, excuse me, Miss… Waitress," Kath growled, making the other woman jump slightly, "but after you've added a bottle of your finest white on the list, I think we're done ordering."
"Oh, of course. Your meal will be here shortly." The waitress smiled sweetly and made a beeline for the kitchen.
Kath tutted under her breath. "I really don't understand those kinds of women, you know. Getting all infatuated over men when it's obvious they aren't interested."
I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that from you, Everett.
"Wri… Phoenix, what the hell did you go and order that for?" Miles finally asked.
Phoenix blinked. "Huh? Oh, that. I thought the chillies and tequila would manly you up a bit." He smiled and patted Miles on the shoulder. "Not that you're not manly enough for me already or anything." At Miles' glare, he added, smirking, "Hey, it was either that or the Lobster and Pickles."
"I merely thought the Honey Encrusted Prawns would be more to your tastes, along with a nice glass of milk," Miles replied haughtily.
I'm too lazy to find a funnier excerpt, but damn, this fic is HILLARIOUS. It had me laughing like... like a monkey. I don't know. This is such a hillarious and witty fic, and it's not even all /that/ Phoenix/Miles 8'D
Fandom: Kingdom Hearts
Author: Manwathiel
Rating: T
Word Count: 10k+
Pairing: Axel/Namine
Warnings: None.
"I also think," He picked up the subject again, "That angels bring rewards to those who can resist temptation."
Naminé gave him a sidelong glance, "Are you resisting temptation?"
"No," He said, "I'm enjoying the reward."
"What's the reward?"
For the first time, Axel didn't immediately reply. It was obvious he knew what he wanted to say, but something kept him from blurting it out. His serpentine eyes studied her face, narrowing as he memorized each of her features, and then he gave her that smirk that made her stomach flip and heart soar.
"The angel herself."
I have no words for how awesome this fanfic is. Just. Read. It. /getting lazier by the second
Fandom: Super Smash Brothers
Author: The-3-sueslayers
Rating: T
Word Count: 102k+
Pairings: Uh. There are a few.
Warnings: LONG FIC. /shot
I'm not even going to excerpt from this fic because every chapter is pretty plot related and gorgeous. Just read it. It's obligatory for ANYONE who plays this game.
Fandom: Avatar the Last Airbender
Author: Fandomme
Rating: T
Word Count: 170k+
Pairings: Zuko/Katara
Warnings: LONG FIC!
Katara sighed. Thinking of the mission brought her back to herself a little. "Okay." She swallowed. "You know, you really don't have to do this. I meant what I said, before. Azula will suspect us the moment she hears that something's gone wrong. You can go back now and save yourself. I can do this on my own."
He stepped back a little. "Is this because of what I did?" he asked. "If you don't want me-"
"No, that's not it," she said. "I just…I'm scared. For both of us."
Zuko smiled with one corner of his mouth. "I know. Me too. But if you're going to burn for this, then I'm burning with you."
This fic is OBLIGATORY for anyone who ships this pairing. Yes, i'm getting lazier, but still. It really, really is.